Health-center with swimming pool and wide range of extended services.
Due to historical sources, in the beginning of the XX century there were aroung 100 baths. Nowadays our city has 53 large baths, more than 400 smaller ones, plus saunas in sports centers, hotels, plants and swimming pools.
«Usachevskiye bani» is the oldest bath-house in St. Petersurg that still functions. Two-storeyed stoned building of the bath-house №45 in 12, Makarenko lane was designed by A. I. Kovsharov in 1882 - 1883.
Now it is a big complex in traditional russian style, comfortable and hospitable. Baths, that can serve hundreds of people, are heated 24/7, steam is rich with molecules of essential oils that fills air with medical properties. Apart from providing standard bath service, «Usachevskiye bani» suggests taking care of body beauty as well and offers its clients manicure and pedicure procedures and classes in fitnes-center.
All that was possible to implement only owning to skills and experience of the technical and engineering employees of «Baltic Engineering Company», that performed as General contractor, General Planner and Technical Customer. Functioning of the complex wasn't stopped during reconstruction of this project, and that caused certain technical difficulties.
Implementation of this project had its own special features. Project of the reconstruction of the building with restaurant presupposed:
- preservation of the historical structure of the object,
- preservation of carrying capacity of the bath,
- increase of administrative and office rooms.
Nowadays wardrobe, showers, cloakroom and stuff rooms are located on the ground and first floor. On the Krukov channel side a swimming pool, boiler-room and transformer substation are situated.
Also placement of bath classes with saunas and swimming pools, russian sauna with recreation area, spa-center with soap and massage rooms were implemented. Besides, an additional 3rd storey was constructed for supplementary restaurant rooms. kitchen and barns.
Due to the clients task inside the reconstructed building of the bath-house room for children was equipped on the ground floor, the first floor was filled by brazier, banquet hall and opened summer terrace, restaurant and brewery take the second floor.
Double-level restaurant summer terrace was attached to the central part of the yard front. For clients' convenience area along the front of the bath-house on Makarenko lane and before the fence of embankment of Krukovo channel was made into parking lots.